Re: Greetings and projects

Greetings.

On Fri, 03 Aug 2018 13:13:43 +0200 Peter Garner <ipad@petergarner.net> wrote:

> Sent from an iPad
> > On 2 Aug 2018, at 23:44, Mr. Leveck <leveck@leveck.us> wrote:
> >
> >> On August 2, 2018 10:40:14 PM UTC, John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> wrote:
> >> And I should have said 15GB compressed.  Sigh.
> >>
> >> - John
> >
> > I was feeling a sense of loss for the absolute hugeness of gopher now
>
> We can rebuild it .. We have the technology!
>
> I don't know about you folks, but my server has seen a noticeable increase in visitors
> since the Net Neutrality came about. Maybe more people are seeing the advantages
> of a bloat-free system.

There has been much spreading of the gopher idea via various people now active
on blogs, bitreich, bringing up the word on hackernews etc.

Everyone keep up the good work!

SELFISH AD.

See Day 2 of brcon, coming in 6 days:

gopher://bitreich.org/1/con/2018

I will be talking about some important topics at gopher.

    | * 2018-08-12
    |     * 09:00 – Gopherproject Status
    |         * by Christoph Lohmann
    |     * 10:00 – Migrating the Web to Gopher
    |         * by Christoph Lohmann
    |     * 11:00 – Panel Discussion on new Gopher RFC
    |         * by Christoph Lohmann
    |     * 12:00 – End / Next Location
    |         * by Christoph Lohmann
    |     * 12:30 – Lunch Break / Culture