Re: What happended with the list?

On 2018-05-16 13:47 -0700, Bradley D. Thornton wrote:
> Sorry for the top-post ;)

.enod mrah on, melborp oN

> But as promised, here's that email that ended up buried in my main inbox
> that I just mentioned. It's apparently very on topic due to the number
> of posters on this thread that have something to say about the lists
> behavior.
>
> Apologies to the list if, by chance, Iain accidentally hit 'reply all'
> or something, and the list only sent me the one copy directly, while
> sending a copy to the list that I wouldn't also receive,  as previously
> mentioned by someone in this thread as something that can happen.

It's at least important that subscribers know how is the mailing list
configured and how do their mail servers handle incoming mail. At least
I have not noticed this "duplicate goes missing" in this list with the
mail server I use.

[...]
> On another note, I'm not sure if I'm still a list admin here. I was a
> list admin on the old Alioth server, but regardless, I wouldn't affect
> any changes to this list-servers behavior without consensus from the
> list subscribers anyway - *point being*, that this is ON-TOPIC for this
> list as such consensus cannot be reached by contacting some list admin
> directly, on the initiative of one person.

It is not gopher-related, but I'd say it's OK to discuss this here, as
well as the annoying bounce message issue.

--
Nuno Silva