Re: Gopher over TLS

hi folks,

in my humble opinion the onion-service is the better way to chose.
no need to repeat the pro-arguments over TLS that have already been
mentioned here [1].

in addition to that, onion services have a low-bandwidth nature which is
a point at which gopher really shines.

i also think that making gopher popular within the tor-community could
act as a multiplicator to gopher's pupularity: they have the low
bandwidth problem that is kinda unsexy and we have the missing-crypto
problem that is kinda unsexy.

a strong synergy could sprout out of that.

greetings,

kroovy

p.s.:
how to set up an onion service is documented here [1][2].
if someone would like to setup an onion service and still has questions,
i can offer some handholding. so if you have questions feel free to
contact me.

[1] gopher://bitreich.org/1/onion
[2] https://www.torproject.org/docs/tor-onion-service.html.en