Re: [gopher] salsa.net hung connections

> For some reason I've never been allowed to post to this discussion list
> so I hope someone sees this.

Hopefully the change in list administration is making its way through so
this can be rectified.

> It looks like I've got web crawlers accessing my gopher proxy at
> ratthing.com:7780.  Ratthing.com and salsa.net are the same server.
>
> I'm in the process of blocking them so hopefully this problem will be
> alleviated soon.

I have a similar problem with the Floodgap proxy. I've stuck META tags up
and there are lots of crawler blocks, and sometimes a few still leak
through.

I don't think proxies should be indexable by Web spiders (except that they
exist), but my opinion is not universally shared, and a couple proxy
operators have vocally disagreed in the past.

-- The earth is like a tiny grain of sand, only a lot heavier and bigger. -----