Re: [gopher] ML moderator election

On 2017-08-08 18:10 +0100, Matt Owen (Jaruzel) wrote:
> In article <[🔎] 5989ec95.yfito6NrkAHLo7UP%simple@sdf.org>, simple-WF
> +c3Tt1nJM@public.gmane.org says...
>
> >FYI, even though Usenet subscriptions have largely been dropped by the
> >major ISPs, at least in the US, there are several free Usenet servers
> >available[1,2] plus Google Groups for the console-impaired.  And the
> >lynx browser that so many use for Gopher also does NNTP[3] so can move
> >seemlessly between Gopher and Usenet.

It seems that Elinks (another gopher-capable browser) can also be built
with NNTP support (although I've not tried that).

> Likewise, a simple WWW to/from NNTP interface is a no-brainer, and easily
> built.  I'm liking the Usenet idea more and more to be honest (but I've not
> been here long enough to have a vote really!)

This mailing list (gopher-project) is also available as a newsgroup
through Gmane, gmane.network.gopher.general

While the Gmane web interface seems to be having some difficulties since
its management changed some months ago, the actual newsgroup interface
part of Gmane has been working normally.

--
Nuno Silva