Re: [gopher] ML moderator election

Cameron Kaiser <spectre@floodgap.com> wrote:

> > My  proposal: Everyone who can post to the mailinglist has one vote. The
> > voting period should be one week. (So everyone  can  be  informed  about
> > such  an  election and propose objections or comments.) The election can
> > begin when we agreed on how to elect.
> >
> > What does everyone think?
>
> Fine with me, as long as adequate notice of the election is posted, and
> we should probably tell the alioth folks of the impending election.

It seems like the real issue is the flakiness of the debian mailman mlist
setup.  I've had several messages in the past bounced just because it
didn't like something, ie. reply-to domain differed from the smtp relay
domain.  I think the solution was adding multiple subscriptions.

Anyway.. What if we just moved the mailing list elsewhere, maybe to
suckless.org or floodgap.com?

Jeff