[gopher] Overbite in the Android Play Store?

Hello,

  I did a search in the Play Store for Overbite and there were no app results.  I recently created a Dev account for the Play Store, and am wondering if anybody would be opposed of me uploading Overbite for Android into the Play Store?  It would be free and ad-free of course.

  If there is interest, the Play Store uploads require large artwork in order for the APK to be accepted...  I'm barely an artist and would like to best represent Overbite.  If there are any large images for Overbite, or anyone who would be willing to contribute the required artwork for this, that would be great.

  I may over time update the client to support other Android devices natively, like Android Wear watches and of course the infamous Android TV platform.  Additional features I'd like to implement in the Play Store release are the ability to use the client when clicking on gopher: schema links, and for Gopher proxy links.  Android API fully supports this, and used by many apps, including browsers.  I'd also like to add a proper "Share" function, as this is a staples android feature currently absent from the Overbite client.

  I also plan on releasing a special GopherCon version, which would basically be the Overbite client, but with a menu item to connect directly to the GopherCon conference room.  So you can easily browse around Gopher sites, while listening and taking part in GopherCon talks in real-time.

  I'll be doing more Android related development over the weekend, so I throught I'd bring this up now, to see if there's interest in me working on this as well.

Sent from my BlackBerry Priv - the most secure mobile device - via the TELUS Network