Re: [gopher] Motsognir question

On 28 Dec 2015, at 14:54, Martin Kukac <logout128@gmail.com> wrote:

> My hate for systemd is as strong as yours. On all computers in my possession I moved to non-systemd distros, but server behind i-logout.cz is just a cheapo VPS and the choice of OS available was limited.

I'm in a process of moving all of my Linux stuff from Debian Wheezy (support ends Feb 6th 2016) to CentOS 6 because support for the latter lasts until 30.11.2020, and while I hate RPM CentOS is still actually pretty useable (but with ancient 2.6 kernel).

> One day I may finally buy some RISC SoC board, install some normal OS and return back to what I know - Gophernicus. It served well since 2011/06 until yesterday, though never updated from version 1.1

I'm going back to AIX and will steal^W borrow^W buy some nice rackmount POWER6 or 7 to host everything I have in LPARs or WPARs. BSD's are also interesting but they lack any kind of disk management (except FreeBSD with ZFS) so I don't consider them production-ready.

- Kim