Re: [gopher] OverbiteFF to be updated for Fx41

+1

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 11:14 AM, Cameron Kaiser <spectre@floodgap.com> wrote:
Mozilla is deprecating the old NewChannel API (which OverbiteFF, since it
implements its own protocol, depends on) and starting in Fx41 use of the old
NewChannel family of functions will generate an assertion in debug builds.
It will work fine in release builds, but obviously that won't be for long.

To fix this will require porting to the new API. That means, sadly, we must
leave Firefox 3.6-37ish behind (the new API is present in both 38ESR and
standard release builds, so TenFourFox users will be able to use it).

For this version I am also thinking of implementing whois:// and finger://
and there will be a few optimizations made.

Just a heads up.

-- If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ----------------------