Re: [gopher] History and future of "the gopher project"

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 12:01:11PM +0100, kaltheat@googlemail.com wrote:
> It's mainly that there is nobody on this list during the past two weeks who
> expresses interrest in a future gopher project that unites the efforts of many
> gopherians still alive/active.

I think this list and the IRC serves the purpose of uniting us.  We're not
a big group, and it's not like people are clamoring in droves to access
gopherspace.  It's an arcane hobby for most of us, something we do mainly
for the nostalgic value.  I belong to an organization/project that has
structure, purpose, and mandate (OpenNIC), and that takes work.  Gopher is
a welcome respite from all that.

  --Brian

--
Don't have gopher?  Visit the world's first wiki-based gopher proxy!
http://www.pongonova.org/gopherwiki