[gopher] .gopher domains available (free, of course)

No, you won't find them in the ICANN namespace because I simply didn't have
USD185,000 to pony up for that.

However, you can have your very own .gopher domain, which I think is sorta
cool even though I'm probably the only one in the world who accesses my
gophersite with gopher://pongonova.gopher.  No, this isn't a money-making
scheme, just a little side hobby of mine I've been working on since about
2000 with an altroot called OpenNIC.  It's offered up to the gopher
community in the same spirit that folks keep updating and distributing
their gopher clients and servers.

You'll need to point to an OpenNIC nameserver to resolve the .gopher
domain.  A handy list of servers close to you (hopefully) can be found at
http://wiki.opennicproject.org (you'll still be able to resolve ICANN TLDs
as well).  If you want the goodness of dnscrypt and/or IPv6 resolvers, we
have that too (http://wiki.opennicproject.org/Tier2).

Register a domain at http://register.gopher and have fun.

  --Brian

--
Don't have gopher?  Visit the world's first wiki-based gopher proxy!
http://www.pongonova.org/gopherwiki