Re: [gopher] Joining in: I'm the maintainer/host of Gopher Proxy

On Sep 12, 2013, at 16:18, Evert Meulie <evert@meulie.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> http://gopherproxy.org/ & http://gopherproxy.meulie.net/ allows Gopher content to be viewed in any web browser, by converting Gopher content into web pages as you request it.
>
> And yes, currently there is little/no means in place to keep bots & search engines out.
> I've been reading a bit what has been written here in other threads on this subject, and will chime in with my 2¢ soon.

Personally I don't mind that Google and others crawl through my gopher resources, but I think quite a lot of people here object to that. I think the easiest way would be to just have a robots.txt to completely block all spidering.

Anyway - great work - I really like the way gopherproxy.org works.

- Kim