Re: [gopher] Hunting for ancient hardware

Boy - is this going to sound really really corny, however it is gospel
truth..

Lets roll the clock back over 20 years, and locate ourselves in Santa
Maria, California.  As a hobby, Pete Bowden starts a dial in BBS service
and calls it "LOIS" for Link Online In Santa Maria.  This BBS ran on
custom software written for the Solbourne OS by "lambda boy"

As the net starts to take off more and more, Pete moves to San Jose, CA
then Santa Clara, CA.  The number of phone lines to the system start to
die off and LOIS becomes more of a Telnet bbs.  After Pete's passing, LOIS
became a full telnet BBS (timeline about 2001).  Two lambda telnet BBS's
still exsist, LOIS and TREX.

In February, my sister died of complications from cancer.  Prior to her
passing, I was instructed to make sure two things carry on.  Missing.com
(which has been our familys home domain for years), and LOIS, which had
stopped responding to requests about a week before she went into the
hospital.

We are trying to put the pieces together from another Solbourn S4000
(jumbo pizza box) to get LOIS back online.  Hopefully we will be
successful, but this incident has reassured us we are going to need a pile
of spares to keep this going as long as we can.

The author of the software vanished long ago, and our only real point of
contact of assistance is Brett (who runs TREX).  looks like we have had
better consecutive runs.

Short story - My sister who passed away this year ran a chat system using
the solbourn OS for years, and wants it to live on longer than her.

Any help would be appreciated.