Re: [gopher] [OT] .gopher domains available on OpenNIC

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 09:41:37AM +0300, Kim Holviala wrote:
> How stable is the "resurrceted" OpenNIC? I ran one of the few
> Tier-2's for years and years on the "old" OpenNIC but had to stop
> because the root kept expiring and broke everything...

Hopefully no one minds an OT response here.

The current OpenNIC infrastructure has been fairly stable for at least
5 years now, thanks to the hard work of a few dedicated individuals
who donate their efforts and hardware to keeping the root zone up to
date and synced with ICANN's.  The root zone is regenerated nightly,
so even if root zone generation fails (a rare occurrence, but it has
happened), there is always the previous night's root zone to fall back
on.

  --Brian

--
Don't have gopher?  Visit the world's first wiki-based gopher proxy!
http://www.pongonova.org/gopherwiki