Re: [gopher] Overbite Chrome WFM

On 2012-05-11, Cameron Kaiser wrote:

> I just tried Overbite Chrome on Chrome 18 on my Mac mini, and it works fine
> with gopher:// URLs in the omnibox. So you must have a different search URL.
> Please send me what search URL you get when you type in a gopher:// URL so
> I can compare it.

Just when I was about to share my search URL it hit me:

Since a few days (weeks?) ago, google started redirecting all their
services to the closest TLD domain by default. I've seen this messing
with Blogger and with Google News. And, of course, it also happens with
Google Web Search.

So, maybe it's because of the TLD?

Trying to reach gopher://sdf-eu.org through the omnibox gives me:

http://www.google.pt/search?sugexp=chrome,mod=17&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=gopher%3A%2F%2Fsdf-eu.org

--
Nuno J. Silva (aka njsg)
gopher://sdf-eu.org/1/users/njsg