Re: [gopher] You think MIME types is the killer feature ? LOLz

> The problem is, we're already kind of in the between phase. Most
> servers handle the URL extension (
> gopher://gophernicus.org/0/doc/gopher/hURL.txt ), but at least one
> modern server doesn't, which messes with clients that rely on that
> behavior.

Which one is that?

> The CAPS extension is fairly widely deployed

CAPS has the advantage of shoehorning into any server. Some have special
pseudo-support for it (Gophernicus, bucktooth), but even UMN gopherd could
be made to support CAPS just with a caps.txt in the root.

I'm putting the finishing touches on OverbiteFF 3.0 which will support
basic CAPS functionality. Watch this space.

-- ** COMMODORE 64 BASIC V2 ** 64K RAM SYSTEM 38911 BASIC BYTES FREE ----------