Re: [gopher] HTTP post over gopher (Was: Updated Gopher RFC)

> > > "HTTP POST to hacked gopher server" works. That is not CGI over
> > > gopher at all :)
> >
> > At one time there was a ServerSupportsStdinScripts capability advertised.
> > What happened to that? (Kim, was that your idea?) Bucktooth does support it,
> > mostly by not preventing it.
>
> I'm drunk, so please be gentle.

Tee hee.

> I don't think that was my idea, but it does sound okish to me. Although I'm
> not sure if it's needed in caps.txt as either the server (CGI) reads stdin
> or it doesn't. The client cannot be sure either way.

Right, but at least the client would know if it could talk to the server in
that fashion.

It's sort of an academic point anyway since no such application currently
exists.

-- Queen, you shall be it if you wish/Look for your king -- Pink Floyd --------