Re: [gopher] Updated Gopher RFC

On 9.5.2012 8:53, Mateusz Viste wrote:

That's eactly what I was thinking about right now. I think such "m"
filetype is a quite good idea. When a client gets such file, it would
get the mime-type of the file in the first line of the answer, and
then the actual file.

This would not break support of older gopher clients, because these
would simply not handle 'm' filetypes at all.

Except, it would break *all* existing clients, including Overbite. The server would happily send stuff out as "m" and client would just reject all of that info... when before the server would serve type "0" or such and the client would happily show them....

Doing type "m", and I agree that it sounds like a good idea, would require that *everybody* would update *all* of their clients at the same time.

- Kim