Re: [gopher] Updated Gopher RFC

> My problem with using 'V' for ';' and other switches is that although they
> may be more intuitive they also will require altering clients to resupport
> extensions they already support for no particular reason. I think ';' is a
> dumb designation but it already works. I see no reason to make Cameron
> recode the various versions of Overbite or to have the Lynx folks change
> their browser because we chose to break with established practice on a whim.

I also think that whatever strategy is adopted, it has to encompass current
practice. While this may mean those of us who actually have existing software
in Gopherspace get an outsized vote, it's no different than, say, the W3C
where current practise shapes future standards.

-- Experience only makes you more interesting and marketable. -- Judy Blackburn