[gopher] Sinclair/Timex internet stuff (Was "Why do you use gopher?")

On 09/05/2012 01:38, Bradley D. Thornton wrote:
Yes it looks more to be a project than product, and unfortunately I
don't have the tinker time. But thanks for the link, it's a good resource!

Well it's pretty mature on the spectrum now and there's been at least one batch of the finished design manufactured (the designer just never gets around to updating the website or documentation cause that's the boring bit!)

It would be a lot of fiddling porting it to the timex though I guess as you have to understand what the code is doing to work out why it's failing. It is pretty well commented and stuff though, I've written a load of software for it already and I only started learning Z80 less than two years ago. Hmm I wonder how accurate the Timex emulation in FUSE is... I could perhaps take a look at the software side of things at some point.

Oh, some guys from the ZX81 scene have been doing a similar thing for the 81 that they're making compatible to a certain extent (using the same ethernet+tcp/ip chip and using the same socket library). I don't really know much about the ZX81 so haven't followed what they're doing but that'd presumably be Timex 1000/1500-able with little modification.

Alistair