Re: [gopher] Problem installing Bucktooth

Are there any security systems that can deny root access to a file? Anyways, I'm able to cat that file both as root and a non-privileged user without issue.

On Apr 25, 2012 10:44 AM, "Cameron Kaiser" <spectre@floodgap.com> wrote:
> Hello all. Complete Gopher newbie. Apologies for the ignorance.  I get
> through most steps of the Bucktooth installation and then this
> happens, exiting perl.
>

> Seeing what services you have for that port number ... gopher
> So we'll use that.
>

> No read access.
>
> Checking /etc/inetd.conf for competing services ...

Do you have a security system on your machine? It seems like it traps the
read to /etc/services and kills off Perl.

-- With a rubber duck, one's never alone. -- Douglas Adams, "HGTTG" -----------