Re: [gopher] request for help -> very easy to do

On 28/09/2011 13:00, gopher-project-request@lists.alioth.debian.org wrote:
On 27-09-11 17:45, Cameron Kaiser wrote:
>>  6.0.2 on Windows XP
>>
>>  Gopher://  is recognised as a protocol i.e. clickable.
>
>  Do you mean Firefox? Yes, Firefox still recognizes it as a protocol even
>  without OverbiteFF installed; it just won't do anything with it without
>  the add-on installed.
>
>  TenFourFox had bug 572000 applied, so it will at least give the user a
>  helpful message.

I do think that Alistair was speaking about Thunderbird, as was asked by
me. See the previous tread.

The question was about this;
gopher://gopher.wikizine.org/I/~walter/div/tb_6_0_2_linux_gopher.png

Walter

Indeed, thunderbird.

It has now updated to 7.0 and still works.
http://alistairtesting.no-ip.org/gopher.jpg

It is an old profile from back on Thunderbird 2 or possible 1.5

I shall test it with a clean profile and see if that breaks it.

Alistair.