Re: [gopher] "push to Veronica"

Is there an Jughead type of local index that could do this from a client
perspective?

That way, when something is changed in the Jughead database, it knows to
contact Veronica/Vishnu.

That might alleviate the need for someone to manually address this issue
everytime (especially in a hosted environment, like say, SDF, etc.,),
yet Veronica would be notified of the changes regardless on a schedule.

I was looking at this a while back, and wondering how it might be
integrated with Veronica/Vishnu in just such a way so that Veronica
doesn't have to spider everything in gopher space over and over again:

http://www.nongnu.org/jugtail/veronica.ctl.html

That having been said, an interface just as you suggest would also be
desirable, since not everyone would be installing a local indexer, and
if, for no other reason, to let Veronica know that a new gopherhole has
been dug.

Dunno, just reaching here, but seeking with a search service is very
important, while blindly burrowing hoping to stumble across what you're
looking for is not often that fruitful.

On 06/02/2011 02:35 PM, Cameron Kaiser wrote:
> One problem we have had is new sites getting exposure to Veronica-2, which is
> somewhat solved by the new sites seed.
>
> However, a related problem that is not solved is getting the robot to look
> again when you've changed something.
>
> I'm considering an idea to add an entry to the robot's investigation
> database so that it goes and looks on demand. You would provide a URL and a
> display string, and it would only accept menus, not documents. Thoughts?

- --
Bradley D. Thornton
Manager Network Services
NorthTech Computer