Re: [gopher] DuckDuckGo

Cool feature, but isn't this sort of counter-intuitive? Seeing as exclamation points as prefixes are usually used for negation? (Well, in programming at least.) Plus, there's bound to be conflicting abbreviations down the road...

Not that it isn't useful. You can actually set up the same thing in Google Chrome: http://www.wolf-howl.com/google/how-to-add-search-shortcuts-to-google-chrome/. I do mine the reverse way though, with a question mark suffix: [keyword][?], taking a hint from HTTP GET queries (which most of these shortcuts resolve to, anyway).