Re: [gopher] (no subject)

On Mon, 16 May 2011, Cameron Kaiser wrote:

do anyone else observe 89.16.178.179, gopherproxy.org is accessing a
selector every minute for day in a row ? , seems like
someone is crawling through that proxy.

That someone is probably a web robot. I've had a few go-rounds with the
proprietor of gopherproxy.org when I temporarily blocked it for DOSing the
Twitter->gopher gateway after causing it to exceed its rate limit.

The problem is it seems to be using some old cached info about the site, I see tons of access to files with the wrong type selector and to mboxs in the old umn gopherd style with R (subrange from file Rstart-end-).

regards

--
Jacob Dahl Pind | telefisk.org | fidonet 2:237/58.8