[gopher] GopherVR graphics

I've been a happy GopherVR user for years; I started out using the
Classic Mac OS version on OS X, and when Dr Kaiser came out with the
Unix-compatible version, I used that, also on OS X.  Sure, it's got
problems, but they are minor ones, and I've put up with them over the
years.  However, one issue, regarding look and feel, has always thrown
me; the client has always used an outdated graphics toolkit.  Now,
Motif may have been cutting-edge in 1998; now it looks a bit crusty.
This would not be such a problem for me; I use vi as my editor and
lynx as my browser, and both of them are command-line apps.  The big
problem is that, although vi and lynx actually mesh pretty well with
the OS X, or (especially) the GNOME/KDE interface, Motif-based apps
stick out like a sore thumb.  What I'm getting at is this: would it be
possible to 'port' the GopherVR graphics to a more modern toolkit,
such as GTK+ or Qt?

Another problem, but more easy to fix: I'm sure that everyone has
noticed that browser-based Gopher compatibility has been disappearing.
 This makes it a hassle for those of us wanting to download GopherVR
as their first Gopher client, because the only link to the GopherVR
software is an unadorned Gopher link.  Would it be possible to add
another link to the HTTP download page for GopherVR via the
HTTP/Gopher proxy?