[gopher] changes to support for OverbiteFF 2.x and 3.0

So I'm busy computing out my roadmap since Firefox 4 will probably come out
sometime in late December-early January based on the number of blockers
holding up beta 7 and their general pace of development. Once 4b7 comes out,
I will probably extend support for OverbiteFF to SeaMonkey 2.1b1 also.

The idea was to make 2.1 into the Caps release, adding caps.txt support to
OverbiteFF using Firefox's local storage APIs. Unfortunately, 3.0 doesn't
support this at all and it doesn't look like 3.5's support is mature enough.
While 3.0 is only used by Camino, Fx 3.5 is still a supported branch, so
it should still be getting updates at least for the near future.

So instead, 2.1 will be a down payment on improved navigation. Item type
assist will be in 2.1, along with an XUL overlay for terminal documents
allowing you to get back to a server root menu directly (just like the
U-turn in regular menus). 2.1 will support 3.0, 3.5, 3.6 and 4.0, and will
be timed to come out at the same time as the 4.0 release candidates. It
will be the last OverbiteFF to support 3.0, 3.5 and SeaMonkey 2.0.

3.0 will become the Caps release, and will add full support for both
Caps-based navigation in menus and terminal documents, along with Caps
metadata in menus so you can browse server-provided information. 3.0 will
only support Fx 3.6 and 4.0 and browsers based on those versions (SeaMonkey
2.1). 3.0 is unlikely to come out for awhile; I still need to do a lot of
infrastructure work and I'm being delayed by simultaneous work on TTYtter,
Classilla and my 10.4/PowerPC fork of Firefox 4. However, when it does
emerge, it is likely to be a very stable and long-lived branch as most
additions at that point will just be maintenance and small feature updates.
I'm kind of doubtful I'll be adding Gopher+ to it unless there is a big
outcry.

-- Sometimes Dilbert is so true, it's scary. -- Mike Jacobs -------------------