Re: [gopher] Clients, capabilities and discoverability

nunojsilva@ist.utl.pt (Nuno J. Silva) writes:

> Cameron Kaiser <spectre@floodgap.com> writes:

(On PocketGopher, a J2ME gopher client.)
>>> Meanwhile, I will look for an emulator so that I can at least play with
>>> the code.
>>
>> There are a number of MIDlet emulators out there, I think. I just run it
>> directly on my Android phone using Netmite.
>
> Still no progress, but I'll try installing the Oracle/Sun tools. (I just
> hope that the tools (a 32-bit binary package) don't clash with the 64
> bits JRE...) That should allow me to compile J2ME code, and I think it
> also has an emulator.

The tools clashed, and that's why I didn't test it earlier.  But I've
managed to test it: I had to change a couple lines to prevent it from
reading only part of the menu, but it now works perfectly on the
emulator from Sun.

While testing it, I even added some stuff: a "Reload" button and fields
to specify selectors in the "Go to" window. (I sent those to Felix, if
someone wants it, just ask me and I'll send it privately, unless you
guys want it here and say it's okay to post some java code here.)

--
Nuno J. Silva (aka njsg)
gopher://sdf-eu.org/1/users/njsg