[gopher] pygopherd doesnt seem to be working for me

G'day I would be very happy if someone could help me. I'm a new wrangler trying to get pygopherd working effectively with bash/bucktooth style scripts.
Even tho the .conf file has ALL the handlers listed for enablement, When i write a simple bash script to execute, it returns a no handler found error.

SOfar, I dunno how to use syslogd  on netbsd to read the log to determine the problems.

Any all for-dummies help you can give me i would appreciate!

What has been unhelpful is the #netbsd rooms ive gone to  -  i just get rftm responses from ppl who have forgotten how they were helped when the started on the netbsd journey
I cant understand the syslog man pages atm.

Anyway, is someone able to help? , Thx Daniel G