Re: [gopher] Torrent update

Florian Teply <usenet@teply.info> writes:

> On Friday 30 April 2010 14:52:05 Nuno J. Silva wrote:
>> John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> writes:
>> > To date, I'm seeing about 13 peers downloading the torrent.  32% of it
>> > has been seeded and I hope that we'll hit 100% within 12-20 hours.
>> >
>> > As a reminder for anyone that wants to download this archive, the
>> > torrent is at:
>> >
>> > http://www.complete.org/~jgoerzen/Full%20Gopher%20Archive%20from%202007.t
>> >orrent
>>
>> Is anyone planning to make the files in the torrent available through
>> http, ftp or gopher?
>>
> Hmm, what way of making the files available do you mean? serving the .tar.bz2
> files and stuff just as it is in the torrent, or the unpacked data?

Serving the .tar.bz2. As this computer is not configured for bittorrent
yet (firewalling, (drop) priviledges, etc), I was looking for another
way to get the files, until I have time to configure this for bt.

[...]
> going to be. But as i recall from some previous post, some guys would be
> willing to host the stuff. That also includes me.
>
> Currently i'm unpacking the stuff, the archives can be found at:
> gopher://lime.dnsalias.net/1/archives
> gopher://nerd.endoftheinternet.org/1/archives
> and also via IPv6:
> gopher://gopher.home.ipv6.teply.info/1/archives

Thanks! I'll visit those soon.

(If I download gigabytes from your server is it okay to rely on TCP for
bandwidth control, or do you want me to do it slower? (And I wonder how
would that be done - snarf has no documented option for that.))

About mpm_gopher.mov, I got a 154 MiB copy of it from a FTP server,
which seems to be shorter than announced by the QuickTime container. A
bad copy, I presume?

--
Nuno J. Silva
gopher://sdf-eu.org/1/users/njsg