[gopher] A Gopher noob and endless questions. ;-)

Hey all! I've been fooling around with pygopherd after being introduced to Gopherspace a while back by a friend of mine. ( My current server - gopher://www.terminalcore.net - NetBSD 3.0 Sparc64, Netra T105)

It's interesting stuff and in a lot of ways eminently better than FTP or certain other serving methods. I like it also because it doesn't take up a lot of horsepower.

One thing I noticed is that there doesn't seem to be an easy way to make a front-end authentication page if you wanted part of your Gopher server to be secure. (At least I didn't see a way.)

Can this be done with +ASK? Does anybody have an example of using +ASK that doesn't make my head hurt?

I'm very much a Gopher noob but I've run other things in the past so I'm not too afraid of getting my hands dirty. A little help?
--
Mike

"All we wanna do is eat your brains! We're not unreasonable, I mean no one's gonna eat your eyes." - Re: Brains, Jonathan Coultan