Re: [gopher] gopher++ (gopher1) protocol

On 2010-01-11 20:24, Ross Jones wrote:

Well, if the choise is between reading/seeing a non-original
version or not being able to read/see anything, i'll take the
modified version any day.

I may be missing something with the discussion around transcoding
files into another format (it happens more often than I'd like), but
is this not the purpose of the +VIEWS block in the Gopher+ spec? Is
this not an already solved problem?

Yes, it exactly the same thing than views. Which is why I'm a bit baffled why views are a good thing and my transcoding isn't...

I didn't add to gopher+ because I admire the simplicity that is gopher0. I think that + was a bit rushed and kind of an ugly hack. I won't say mine is any better, though...

- Kim