[gopher] Re: Fate of the Protocol (was Re: Gopherness)

I think you are absolutely right about the kinds of behaviors www and
gopher promote.  (Look! we agree!)  Unfortunately, I don't think it
matters to people in the real world.  I prefer to call this
"realistic" and hope no one is foolish enough to think someone will be
tweeking gopher into some "www-killer".

Remember, I run a gopher server, too.  I have my reasons as well.