[gopher] Establishment of .gopher TLD

I'm active in another project which, like gopher, is working towards
wider acceptance in the Internet community after a period of decline.
OpenNIC is an alternative, open, democratic DNS that mirrors the ICANN
namespace as well as provides namespaces for alternative TLDs. We've
been around since 2000, have had our ups and downs, and are currently
on the upward swing again.

I've proposed a new TLD, .gopher, to highlight sites offering content
via the gopher protocol. I'd like to invite those who are interested
to subscribe to the OpenNIC mailing list (this automatically grants
you membership to OpenNIC) and show your support. Both OpenNIC and
gopher can benefit from this mutual relationship.

You can subscribe to the general OpenNIC discussion list by sending
an e-mail to discuss-subscribe@lists.opennicproject.org.
Alternatively, the mailing list is archived on gmane.

The charter itself is available for preview on the OpenNIC wiki:
http://wiki.opennic.glue/GopherCharter. There is no legacy access to
the wiki, but feel free to use my public OpenNIC nameserver to access,
71.170.11.156.

Thanks for your support!

  --Brian