[gopher] Re: Item Type Suggestions

Rather than reply point by point to Jay's careful mail :), I also don't want
Overbite to become the source of a degenerate internal URL format, but I
think I see the points he is replying to.

I ran some testing using the "fifth field" for MIME typing, and it seems
that UMN gopher, Lynx, Overbite and native Firefox/Mozilla all grok it
correctly (i.e., they properly ignore it, and don't see it as a malformed
Gopher+).

I will think of a way to (ab)use the Gopher URL for Overbite to pass itself
MIME data. One other possibility that occurred to me was for Overbite to
define its own URL handler for overbite:// and use that for MIME-type URLs
so that it wouldn't trip up anything else.

-- Nothing recedes like success. -- Walter Winchell ---------------------------