[gopher] WikiBerd and GopherBerd finaly together

Hi all,
this is to announce the marriage between WikiBerd (my personal wiki
running on my small home server) and GopherBerd (the gopher server I set
up recently on the same machine). Encouraged by Michael Casadevall's
hint to export large databases like Wikipedia to gopher I set out to do
the same for my own wiki.

For that purpose I wrote a small python script which pulls the wiki
pages out of the database in order to transform them into single
HTML-pages and to create a gophermap for better browsing. It also makes
sure that all links between the pages and all image references are kept
in tact so that the whole wiki can be browsed from gopher space alone.

You'll find WikiBerd here. But please note that only a few pages are
available in English language. Many if not most of them are German.
http://ncc-1701a.homelinux.net

This is GopherBerd:
gopher://ncc-1701a.homelinux.net

WikiBerd in gopher space:
gopher://ncc-1701a.homelinux.net/1/WikiBerd

The export script, released under the terms of the GPL:
http://ncc-1701a.homelinux.net/~dennis/WikiBerdGopherExport
gopher://ncc-1701a.homelinux.net/1/dennis/WikiBerdGopherExport

Yours sincerely,
Dennis Schulmeister

--
Dennis Schulmeister - Schifferstr. 1 - 76189 Karlsruhe - Germany
Tel: +49 721/5978883 - Mob: +49 152/01994400 - eMail: dennis@windows3.de

Now moved to the corridor: Hermes! (http://ncc-1701a.homelinux.net)
(mostly German)

http://www.denchris.de - http://www.audiominds.com
http://www.motagator.net/bands/65

<GunPG KeyID: B8382C97>

-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part