[gopher] Re: PyGopherd and Gopher+

On Sat, Dec 31, 2005 at 12:40:52PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 31, 2005 at 11:30:23AM -0600, Benn Newman wrote:
> > > That said, you can probably specify a custom +VIEWS block using the
> > > PyGopherd general method for specifying custom Gopher+ blocks, but I
> > > have never tested that.
> > That would work if you didn't feel like changing the files size everytime
> > you edited it.
>
> True.  I guess I'm just lazy.  Feel free to send patches ;-)
Feel free to teach me more Python than printing lines and math. ;)

> Sorry to say that, but I'm really to the point where PyGopherd does
> more than I need it to, and don't have a lot of time to add features
> that I don't need right now,
>
> > > It does the correct thing according to gopherd(8).  As far as I can
> > > tell, nobody actually follows what the Gopher+ chapter says on that,
> > I do. :)
> >
> Its DN?  I know that term from LDAP, but I seem to be missing
> something...
LDAP? Is that that CSO Name Book-like thing? ;) Domain name.
quux.org (and gopherproject.org) was not resolving for a few days;
it seems to be fine now.
--
Benn Newman | newmanbe@sdf.lonestar.org | gopher://igneous-rock.homeunix.net
Wisconsin Association of Gopher Operators