[gopher] Re: PyGopherd UMN Broken

> Can you provide an example of the problem?

Well, I can't seem to get anything in .Links or .names working.  Here's
something I tried to use just now:

Name=Journaling Versus Soft Updates...Web site
Type=h
Path=GET%20/publications/library/proceedings/usenix2000/general/seltzer.html
Host=www.usenix.org
Port=80

Name=Test
Type=1
Path=/test
Host=+
Port=+

Neither of the links show up even after I've deleted the directory cache.

> Python's range end (the 7 in this case) is not inclusive, but the range
> beginning is, so that will include characters 5 and 6 only.

Most interesting...

>>PyGopherd doesn't seem be able to hide files from the menu using .cap
>>files.  Can that functionality be added to PyGopherd's link handler?
>
> Does it work if you use type X in the .cap files?

Hm.  I thought I had tried type 'X' before, and it came up showing the
same entry, only with type unknown...maybe that was 'x'; in either case,
'X' does hide the entry.  Thanks.