[gopher] Re: solaris install-make fatal errors?

"Don Fike" <fike@cs.utk.edu> writes:

> However both die at make with the error below.  Is this something
> that gmake would help with?  Any suggestions welcome.

It's always good to use gmake.  That's a first step.  In fact, non-GNU
make has been known to totally bomb with building gopher.

I looked at the Sun manpages on docs.sun.com (I don't have access
directly to a Solaris box) and have made changes that I think will fix
your problem.  Please download gopher-20020110-01.cvs.tar.gz and try
building it.

You may find that file at:

gopher://quux.org/1/devel/gopher/Downloads
http://quux.org/give-me/gopher/

Thanks for your report!  Please let me know how you fare with the
patched version.

-- John

--
John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org>    GPG: 0x8A1D9A1F    www.complete.org