Re: Fwd: "NotAutomatic: yes" does not affect source packages

Am 07.07.23 um 12:38 schrieb Julian Andres Klode:
On Wed, Jun 28, 2023 at 01:50:47PM +0200, David Kalnischkies wrote:
On Wed, Jun 28, 2023 at 09:04:26AM +0200, Christof Warlich wrote:
Can anyone tell why source packages are not treated the same as binary
packages for “NotAutomatic: yes” repos? It breaks the expectation that
you always get the corresponding sources for a binary package.
If we want to commit to always fetching the latest version we'd
have to remove the code bit, but my preference is to make it work
as expected and then change the doc tbh.

Always fetching the source matching the binary package's version would
definitely be my preference too :-). My 2 cents ...

If implemented, would this eventually be included as a bugfix in
bookworm (and maybe even bullseye), or would it only be considered for
future releases?