Re: installations of apt-get in custom source OS?

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 12:08:41PM +0530, sainadh jamalpur wrote:
> i developed custom LINUX OS from scratch,now i wan to use Debian package
> manager which is "*apt-get*"  in my source OS to install software's from
> Debian sources. is it possible to install software's with apt-get command
> in non Debian OS i.e source OS ? i am willing to change my source OS into

Everything is possible given enough time and dedication.

There are various ports in various states of apt to non-Debian systems,
so that is surely possible. That said, apt isn't that concerned with the
actual installation of software on a system. It is in this scenario
"just" responsible to download the software and all its dependencies,
while the actual extraction and installation of the software is done by
a lower level package manager – for *.deb files that would be dpkg for
example.

So, ideally you would be porting dpkg first to your system and after
that apt.

Best regards

David Kalnischkies