Re: Upcoming version of apt-file - using apt-acquire and incompatibilities

On Sat, Dec 05, 2015 at 12:39:36PM +0000, Niels Thykier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the new version of apt-file (currently in experimental), we have
> changed/removed some features that will affect some packages.  Packages
> listed below are BCC'ed to this mail.
>
> Notably:
>
>  * /var/cache/apt-file will disappear
>    - command-not-found and dh-make-perl are known consumers

chdist(1) from devscripts, too.

>  * Personal caches have been removed (-c)
>    - apt-venv creates files that uses that option

Why not set Dir::Cache to ~/.cache/apt when run as a normal user (if
it's possible to just download the Contents files)?

Cheers,
--
James
GPG Key: 4096R/331BA3DB 2011-12-05 James McCoy <jamessan@debian.org>