Upcoming version of apt-file - using apt-acquire and incompatibilities

Hi,

In the new version of apt-file (currently in experimental), we have
changed/removed some features that will affect some packages.  Packages
listed below are BCC'ed to this mail.

Notably:

 * /var/cache/apt-file will disappear
   - command-not-found and dh-make-perl are known consumers

 * Personal caches have been removed (-c)
   - apt-venv creates files that uses that option

 * "apt-file update" will become a thin call to "apt update"
   - live-build uses this in a hook

 * "apt-file search/show ..." will exit 1 when no matches are found.
   - Presumably some will be bitten by this!
   - I am open to having a switch in apt-file to make it exit 0 even
     with no matches (but I believe that exit 1 should be the default).

 * "apt-file show foo" now only lists the contents of "foo" rather than
   any package containing "foo" as a part of its name.
   - similar to dpkg -L foo

 * The full list of known incompatibilities is in the changelog[1]

If you know of packages/pieces of the Debian infrastructure that are
affected by this, please let me know so I can file bugs against them.

Thanks,
~Niels

[1] https://tracker.debian.org/news/712486