Re: Facilitating external repositories

Wouter Verhelst writes ("Re: Facilitating external repositories"):
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 01:03:15PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > The /name/ of the external repository should also be covered by the
> > signature.
>
> What would you describe as the "name" of the repository?
>
> The URL is already part of the sources.list file. Additionally, the
> deb822 form of the sources.list file is already configured to have a
> short and long Description: field.

Ah, I think the short and long Description are probably the answer.  I
wasn't aware of that.

I was thinking that tools would want to show something to the user.  A
Description is probably the right thing and if it is covered by the
signature then great.

> Am I missing something?

I think probably I was.  (Also I may be missing something now, too - I
have just got back from the pub...)

Ian.