Unable to use Mobile Broadband

To whomsoever concerned,

    I have bought a Dell Vostro 3445 laptop,with 2 USB 2.0 ports,with 1 USB 3.0 port, Operating system Linux.I am trying to use Vodafone Mobile Connect model:K4203I
HSPA + USB stick. I have referred to the notes written by Jason Gunthorpe to configure it on the system.

The following settings in Mobile broadband under Network:

Airplane Mode: ON

Mobile broadband ON

Disconnected

IMEI 865277021808686

Provider Vodafone IN

2. I did not get the New Mobile Broadband Connection Wizard.

     At present the light on the mobile dongle flashes between green and blue when I am using it on Ubuntu. I get a steady blue light when using it on windows.

Thanking you,

Bhairavi