Re: Pinning a package to release *and* origin

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 12:08:22PM +0100, Raoul Bhatia wrote:
> Is it possible to pin a release to *both* origin and release?
[…]
> If not, is there any particular reason for that?
> (Besides not being implemented that way ;) )

I have to admit, I haven't tried this at all, but the code suggests that
this isn't supposed to work as you either have a version, release or an
origin match (apt-pkg/versionmatch.cc).

I can't think of any reason to forbid this in general, it is just not
implemented in a way which would allow this at the moment…

So feel free to implement this! I suspect it to be a bit too hard for
tagging it "newcomer" though… might be best to start with writing
(a lot of) tests for pinning first as it is compared to the complexity
of it rather untested unfortunately.

Just ask if we can be of any assistant. :)

Best regards

David Kalnischkies