Re: Keep important/required packages installed.

On 12/12/11 23:48, David Kalnischkies wrote:
On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 14:42, dE .<de.techno@gmail.com>  wrote:
I was wondering if there was a way (in apt.conf maybe) to keep
important/required packages installed even if marked installed
automatically? For e.g. if I mark nano as automatically installed, it tends
to be removed.
The question is then why you mark it as automatically installed
(and therefore as "remove if no longer needed")
if you don't want it to be automatically removed…

But have a look at /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/01autoremove to see how
e.g. the kernel package is protected from being autoremoved
even though they are autoinstalled (by a kernel metapackage).

Best regards

David Kalnischkies
Thanks for the response!

I was wondering about keeping the list of manually installed packages clean so I can remove the irrelevant packages (as per requirements) without searching in a longer list.

Unfortunately /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/01autoremove is a list of packages, I was looking forward towards an automated way.