Re: [Aptitude-devel] About the status and plans for aptitude

Quoting Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo (manuel.montezelo@gmail.com):

> Well, I think that one needs commit access to some repository, to work
> comfortably and not with patches flying around in BTS for years.
>
> I don't know if the current repository is the better place, maybe
> dburrows doesn't want other people in the repository, and I myself
> don't feel totally capable of undertaking/leading what it seems a
> major task to me.  In addition, in this case we need somebody within
> Debian with proper permissions to set up things for us.

The current Alioth project only has Daniel as admin.

I am among committers but that was for l10n only, which I handed out
to Jens Seidel a few years ago. Not many things happened even on that
matter, mostly because of the development freeze (that is related to
changes in Daniel available free time).

*I* certainly can't help in coding and sorting things out, etc.....but
I can help reviving the project, development, etc, including by
cleaning out the committers list and granting access to whoever might
need it.

Daniel, I know you've always been opened to collaboration and
help. Could you give us your stance about the current discussion?