Re: About the status and plans for aptitude

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 06:11:19PM +0000, Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo wrote:
> So, some of the questions (feel free to expand) that I am interested in hearing
> opinions about:
>
>  - Does anybody know what's the current status and future plans for Aptitude?
>
>  - Does Cupt, Apt2 or some of the ongoing efforts based on PackageKit provide a
>    complete replacement for what Aptitude is used today?

Cupt does not have multi-arch at all as far as I know. Apt2 does not do anything
useful at all, it's mostly vaporware at the moment. PackageKit is far too high-level
to replace anything aptitude does.

Some functionality of aptitude has been included in APT itself recently, such
as the 'download', 'changelog' commands.

--
Julian Andres Klode  - Debian Developer, Ubuntu Member

See http://wiki.debian.org/JulianAndresKlode and http://jak-linux.org/.