Re: apt-get: which directories / files need access to make it run?

Hi Sam,

Am 6. August 2010 19:37:04 UTC+2 schrieb sam007 <sam007@zedat.fu-berlin.de>:
> as I'm developping a security tool for installations with apt-get, I was
> wondering if the development team of apt could provide me a list of
> directories / files to which the apt-get process needs access, in order to
> execute a installation almost correctly?

APT should only need to access directories it ships itself and additional
a few applications in /usr/bin and /bin, some libaries in /usr/lib and /lib
and finally the /var/lib/dpkg/status file.

What you properly mean is all the funky stuff dpkg does - or to be
correct all the even more funky maintainer scripts in a package
installed/removed/whatever by dpkg do…
And if you mean this it is pretty save to say: Everything under /.

Best regards

David Kalnischkies